Monday, June 13, 2005

The Godfather

Don't you think that The Godfather (Parts 1 & 2) movies are the best movies ever? The impact which the movie delivers from time to time is just unique. Amazing music to add to the effect. Every time I see the movie, I am more in awe of the genius. One of the best pieces of filmmaking ever. Hats off Mr Francis Ford Coppola.

Here are some of the impactful quotes from the movies. Writing them down is a really an injustice to their greatness. They can really only be enjoyed while watching the movies:

The Godfather (Part 1):

Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. Until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughters wedding day".
Vito Corleone

"No Sicilian can refuse any request on his daughter's wedding day".
Tom Hagan

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse".
Vito Corleone

"But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him - If he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell - or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, them I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But, that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we've made here today."
Vito Corleone

"Sonofabitch! Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!"
Moe Green

"Fredo. You're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever. "
Michael Corleone

You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas . I want you to stay there. Understand? Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence, and makes me very angry".
Michael Corleone

The Godfather (Part 2):

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
Michael Corleone

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart"
Michael Corleone

"Taken care of me! You're my kid brother and you're gonna take care of me!"
Fredo Corleone

"Fredo. You're nothing to me now. You're not brother, you're not a friend. I don't wanna know you or what you do".
Michael Corleone

"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything. It say's you can kill anyone".
Michael Corleone

You can find the full listing here.