Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The big shift

So finally I shifted to Seattle and the last few days here have been hectic searching for apartments, roommates, getting done with the formalities etc. The place I stay - Bellevue (which is derived from a French term for "beautiful view"), is like a suburb of Seattle, a beautiful place with nice weather. None of the "Seattle rain" so far.

2 years since I came to this country. 2 years since my last big shift. I don't have a clue what's next. How long am I gonna be here? Job starts next week. My first foray into the corporate world ;-) Right now I have decided to just take everything as it comes and not worry about long term plans.

Listening to some rockin' Led Zep - Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven, Misty Mountain Hop, Whole Lotta Love, Rock and Roll etc. Simply heavenly....

--------

The most amazing Ashes series of the past some years is taking place in England. After the first test was won by Australia, England won the 2nd by 2 runs and Australia managed to draw the 3rd one with the last wicket pair of McGrath & Lee holding on for 4 overs. The over-reliance of the Aussies on McGrath and Warne to win tests for them is being exposed int the series. The worst part is that I am not able to watch any of this action. One of the many things you miss in this country....

Then again football (American) starts in September 1st week. Though now I have to cheer for the Seattle Seahawks, it still remains the game to watch in the US.

1 comment:

Divya Sagar said...

was randomly going thru blogs. Were you from Rutgers? Just wondering! good luck on the job!