1. Olórin, Mithrandir, Stormcrow, The White Rider, Incánus, Tharkûn. These are the other names of which character?
2. This 6 time pro-bowler running-back was the first NFL player to rush for 2000 yards in a season. He was inducted in the pro-football hall of fame in 1985. He later turned to acting and was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer. Nowadays he is famous for completely different reasons. Who?
b. Pink Floyd
c. Four legs good, two legs bad.
d. Eric Arthur Blair
4. Many novice guitarists try to learn this song, and most end up messing it up. In the movie Wayne's World, it is banned in the guitar shop where Wayne starts playing it. In the movie, Wayne clearly plays the first few notes before being scolded, but due to legal issues, the video version was changed so Wayne plays something incomprehensible. On an episode of South Park, the character Towelie tries to play this in a talent show and screws it up. Which very famous classic rock song?
5. X is credited with leading the fight for independence in what are now the countries of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, and Bolivia, using sometimes-brutal guerrilla warfare tactics as outlined in his "Decree of war to the death". He is revered as a hero in these countries and throughout much of the rest of Hispanic America. Who's X? (Hint: He has a South American country named after him.)
6. X is a platform game developed by Jordan Mechner in 1989 and was widely seen as a great leap forward in the quality of animation seen in computer games. Mechner used a process called rotoscoping, in which he studied many hours of film of his younger brother David running and jumping in white clothes, to ensure that all the movements looked just right. Mechner has said that when he started programming, the first ten minutes of Raiders of the Lost Ark had been one of the main inspirations for the character's acrobatic responses in a dangerous environment. X=?
7. up, down, charm, _____, top, and bottom
8. The element Uranium (atomic number 92) has the highest atomic weight of the naturally occurring elements. What are the elements with atomic numbers 93 and 94?
9. Complete the series. Canas, Canas, Nadal, Volandri, Nadal, ________
10. Daughter of Echidna and Typhoeus, she is best known as the riddle-loving monster that terrorised Thebes until Oedipus came along and answered her question correctly. Who is she?
11. Complete the series: Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, ______
12. X was born as John in 2511 and spent the first part of his childhood on the human colony planet Eridanus 2, where he lived with his family. He was large for his age at the time, approximately a foot above his school peers. In his 27-year career, X has been involved in over 200 engagements, and has been awarded all of the UNSC's major Decorations except for the Prisoner of War Medallion. Incidentally, in another world, X was the first of his kind to become a Madame Tussuad's waxwork. Who's X? (Think recent events)
13. This famous sitcom utterance is typically represented in the show's script as "(annoyed grunt)", and is referred to similarly in the official titles of numerous episodes. Which sitcom and what utterance?